Tuesday, March 20, 2007

This Can't Be America?!?


Which enemy burns our flags and a representation of our soldiers and displays signs like these you ask? Most would not consider these people the enemy because they live in Portland, OR. An editorial letter to a Portland paper stated that these kids were polite and respectful and were just speaking up for what they believe. Based off of these pictures, I would venture to say these kids are not polite or respectful and are overstepping their Constitutional free speech rights by saying and doing things that are likely to provoke a violent response from others.

Even if you are anti-war, how can you hold a sign like this and burn an American flag? I wonder what these people wrestle with in the dark hours of the night, knowing that they live in America; a land made free by the blood of brave Americans. I would expect this disgusting display from Islamic extremist in Europe but not from our own children in Portland. Today is a sad day for America.

For my local readers, I was driving down Hwy 68 Saturday afternoon and I knew I would be forced to watch anti-war peace activist holding their idiotic signs on the corner of S. Main and Blanco but I didn't expect to see a pro-troop rally at 68 and Hitchcock. It warmed my heart to see a group of true Americans four times larger then the group of peace activists flying American flags and showing their patriotism with such vigor. At least I know there are still some decent Americans left to wage this war. God bless us all, few but proud, Americans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike for getting this out there! These people are a total waste of carbon! They are so apt to give there view, but they are too cowardly to show their faces! Looking at the images, many of them have "masks" to hide behind. This can only be expected from true cowards. God bless America!!!

GC

Kelly Moore said...

I cannot beleive those pictures. They totally made me sick to my stomach. I yelled at some anti war protesters last week in Monterey when I saw them flying our flag upside down. I wish I would have know about the pro troop rally- I would have joined them. Thanks for keeping us informed Mike.

Cindy Keegan said...

Mike, you hit the nail on the head again. These so called "Americans" who burn their own flag go far beyond freedom of speech. I can't help but wonder what they would feel if they lived under a dictatorship like some other countries. They have no idea what a wonderful country they live in. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Cindy Keegan said...

Okay, Anonymous on 3/21 @ 8:02AM - whether wmd's were found or not (and I believe at one point, they were found)war was necessary to rid the world of a dictator that killed more people than you can imagine. Why would you not try to help a country whose people have no freedom and were being killed and some fed alive into chippers. I, for one, would be grateful to America for coming to my aid and there are many many Iraqis who ARE grateful. Men and women join the military because they want to protect our country and the freedom their families have. I can only surmise that you would never step up to fight for your country. Flying the American flag upside down and burning the American flag is totally unforgiveable. My father, father-in-law and husband fought in the wars and it is a dis-honor to them and everyone else to desecrate the flag and country they fought for. I hope you never have to live under a dictatorship and have your freedoms taken away.