Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Soldiers' Angels



Through Blackfive, I learned of an important organization who's goal is to make sure that no soldier goes unloved. It's website is located at http://www.soldiersangels.org/ and is linked from this site. There mission is daunting and I am asking that good and committed Americans step up and help out.

Through Soldiers' Angels, there are many opportunities to send our soldiers a little piece of home while they put their lives on line to defend us in Iraq and Afghanistan. At minimum, you can adopt a soldier a send him one letter a week and 1-2 care packages a month. Is that too much to ask to help our soldiers make it through war with a little bit of sanity and stability, knowing that there are people here at home who love and support them? I don't think it is.

I have adopted Spec Peter Tudor who is on IED patrol in Afghanistan. I don't know Peter but he has my respect and love and I thank him for what he does. I have also committed to the Living Legends team. This team has undertaken a special task in my opinion. Every time a soldier sacrifices their life upon the alter of freedom, that soldiers family will receive, at the very least, a letter from a Living Legend team member. Although, we don't know these brave soldiers, we know why they died and just a little note to their family might help them understand what their loved one meant to us.

Please take 15 minutes out of each week and dedicate it to writing a soldier and telling them how proud we are of them.

May no soldier go unloved.

May no soldier walk alone.

May no soldier be forgotten,

Until they all come home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, from a fellow Angel:)