Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Warrior

“I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

“In case of doubt, attack.”

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.”

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men.”

"War is the supreme test of man in which he rises to heights never approached in any other activity."

"A man must know his destiny… if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder… if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it."

"...many, who should know better, think that wars can be decided by soulless machines, rather than by the blood and anguish of brave men."

Thoughts from General George S. Patton Jr.

No comments: